Natural cure for headaches

Healing Foods for Headache





Is there are a natural cure for headaches? Are you one of the 45 million Americans that stricken with headaches at least ones a week?

Headaches are among humankind's most common afflictions. The majority of these attacks -about 90 percent- are tension headaches, which start with knotted muscles in the neck and scalp and spread dull pain through the skull. The other 10 percent are the real bangers; migraines and cluster headaches caused by the nerve-jangling opening and closing of blood vessels in the brain. Moderate to severe migraines affect about 28 million Americans and are about three times more common in women than in men. The pain usually start on one side of the head-and develops into a severe and throbbing headache that can last for hours or even days.

Cluster headaches-which are shorter but can be even more painful-are seven times more common in men than in women. They are sometimes known as suicide headaches because they're so intense. To help prevent or manage headaches, a number of natural cure for headaches can prove useful.

Spinach and other magnesium-rich foods

People who get migraines often have low level of magnesium. In one study, researchers gave intravenous magnesium to magnesium-deficient patients in the midst of migraine attacks and found that 85 percent of them obtained relief within minutes.

Good dietary sources of magnesium include spinach, fish, buckwheat, avocados, barley, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, and oysters. You could easily get the daily value of 400 milligrams of magnesium by eating 1 cup of cooked spinach, a 3-ounce fillet of baked or broiled halibut , and any dish made with 1 cup of buckwheat flour.

Garlic

This "bodacious bulb", plays a key role in inhibiting the activity of platelets, the blood cells involved in triggering migraines. Naturopaths often suggest consuming more garlic to help thin the blood and possibly reduce the risk of heart attack. This thinning effect may also have benefits in terms of reducing the severity of headaches.

If you can handle the odor, I'd recommend eating one or two whole cloves of raw garlic each day. If you can't, you may prefer enteric-coated tablets or capsules with approximately 1.2 percent allicin.

Ginger

Since ancient times, ginger has been used to treat a variety of ailments,as well as a good natural cure for headaches. It helps prevent blood vessels in the brain from dilating, a process that often precedes headaches. Preliminary research from Denmark suggests that ginger can prevent a migraine as effectively as standard migraine drugs but without any of the adverse side effects.

Add ginger to your diet whenever you can. Try drinking a few cups of ginger tea, grating fresh ginger into juice, noshing on Japanese pickled ginger, using fresh or powdered ginger when you cook, or nibbling on a piece or two of crystallized ginger.

Mint

Drink peppermint tea two or three timed a day. Although many commercial mint teas are available, make your own tea by pouring 1 cup of boiling water over 1 heaping teaspoon (5 gram) of dried peppermint leaves and steeping them for 5 to 10 minutes; drink three to four cups daily.

Walnuts

The regal nut of Kings Solomon's garden might help with a royal headache. Kernels of walnuts-corrugated and folded like the brain- contain high levels of serotonin, one of the brain chemicals sometimes implicated in migraine.

Source: The Green Pharmacy Guide to Healing Foods: Proven Natural Remedies to Treat and Prevent More Than 80 Common Health Concerns


Return Home from Natural cure for headaches



Join our Facebook Group....





Site Build It!